[Exim] exim-4.05 and spamassassin - A Good Idea ?

Autor: Paul Matthews
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] exim-4.05 and spamassassin - A Good Idea ?
Hi.

Just a quick question.

We are running exim-4.05, using it as a mail hub sending email out to
various NT/Unix/Novell boxes around campus (no local accounts on the
exim box).

We are (along with most other sites I'd imagine) getting increasing
amounts of spam/unsolicited bulk email. I was wondering if anyone has
used spamassassin in such a mail hub set up (is it designed to work
where email is delivered locally ?) and how successful it's been ?

Cheers,
Paul.
Paul Matthews                                Head of Networking/Postmaster
Library and Information Services,
University of Wales Swansea , Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, UK

email: P.W.Matthews@???                 postmaster@???
tel:   +44 (0)1792 295107  mobile: 07802166089     fax: +44 (0)1792 295851