Re: [Exim] return-path user -- local vs. smtp

Autor: Alexander Sabourenkov
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] return-path user -- local vs. smtp
Hello.

>>Thus exim gets one parameter - '-f add@???' instead of two - '-f', 'add@???'
>>(this is not to mention the setting in the php.ini, that defaults to 'sendmail -t -i').
>

> Actually, Exim supports '-fadd@???' as a single argument, just like
> Sendmail does.

Hmm. Didn't know that. May work if one supplies only -f and is keen enough to omit the space.
But if one would specify something like

    -odq -oMr drweb-scanned -f someone@???

it won't work.

Not that I miss it much.
If our users come up with the problem we set

local_from_check
local_sender_retain

and just tell them to forget about additional_parameters and put everything into the message headers.

If that happens not to be enough, we roll out the php code snippet that effectively
emulates mail() functionality by popen()-ing exim.

Unfortunately our virtual hosting scheme allows such things, so that I'm not motivated enough to fix php instead.

./lxnt