Re: [Exim] pid-file

Página Inicial
Autor: Michael Collin Nielsen
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] pid-file
On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Michael Collin Nielsen wrote:
>
> > >     . A pid file is not written when -oX is used to override the SMTP port or
> > >       the interfaces, unless -oP is used to specify a path explicitly.

> > > (I'll be updating the manual for the next release.)
> >
> > Thanks, that explains why I can't get exim to create the pid-file.
> > Wouldn't it be useful to have an option that tells exim to write the
> > pid-file disregarding the rules you outlined ? Well... I would find it
> > very usefull :-)
>
> Er, the -oP option is supposed to do just that. If you give it -oP, it
> will always write a pid file.

Hmmm, I can't get it to write the pid-file when the process is started
with the following options:

/pack/exim-4.05/bin/exim -C /etc/eximmail/exim_outgoing.conf \
                         -oP /var/spool/exim/exim-daemon.pid \
                         -q30m

I don't get a /var/spool/exim/exim-daemon.pid file :-/

I've had a glance at the code, and I can see that the code that writes to
the pid-file is the last piece of code in the blok executed if
daemin_listen is true (in daemon.c):

if (daemon_listen)
{
...lots of code
code for writing to pid-file
}

Ie, if the exim proces is not a listening daemon, then a pid-file will
never be written.

In my case using the command above the exim proces does not listen,
therefore it will never create a pid-file.

Is this intentional ?

Regards

-Michael

--