[Exim] Definition of "sender_domain"

Autor: Russell Wilton
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Definition of "sender_domain"
Hi:
I'm running Exim 4.05 on Linus RedHat 7.2. I'm trying to block a few
persistent spammers by putting a "deny" in the RCPT ACL that looks like
this:

deny sender_domains = partial-lsearch;/usr/local/exim/cfg/spamdom.txt

where the spamdom.txt file has lines in like this:

*.freelotto.com
*.mylottomail.com

This works, but it seems to be rejecting on the basis of the value after
the F= tag in the reject log. I assume this is from the From header,
but I haven't found any reference to it in the manual. The chapter on
ACLs says if you specify "senders" or "sender_domains", Exim will check
"the sender of the message" against these lists. This is not
particularly enlightening. ;-)

Is it checking the From header value in this case and is this not
easily forged?

Is there some way to check against the sending host?

Is there a better way to accomplish this type of blocking, or is this
as good as it gets?

Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

Russ

PS: A table in the "Log files" chapter of the manual, giving the
definitions of all those H=, F=, S=, T=, etc tags would be really useful.

--
Russell D. Wilton                     E Mail: WILTON@???
Network Services Manager              Voice:   (403) 329-2525