[Exim] keeping dups

Autor: Chris Edwards
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] keeping dups
Hi,

Currently having fun converting our config to v4, but stuck on one issue.

We have a local facility that requires exim to recognise mail to certain
patterns of local_part@???, and deliver such messages to a single
remote address, whilst adding a header to record the original local_part
for each copy. Where a message is addressed to multiple instances of the
pattern, multiple deliveries to the remote address will occur, so its
important that duplicates are _not_ dropped.

In v3 this is accomplished with a smartuser specifying both a new_address
and a transport:

  dups:
    driver = smartuser
    condition = <blah>
    headers_add = "X-Stuff: ${local_part}"
    new_address = name@???
    transport = remote_smtp

Now, convert4r4 turns this into 2 new routers:

  dups:
    driver = redirect
    condition = <blah>
    headers_add = "X-Stuff: ${local_part}"
    data = name@???
    redirect_router = dups_part2
    retry_use_local_part

  dups_part2:
    driver = accept
    condition = ${if eq{$local_part@$domain}{name@???}{yes}{no}}
    transport = remote_smtp

The first router creates duplicates BUT they are promptly dropped, as this
is the way redirection works.

The v4 FAQ A0424 suggests routing the addresses directly to a transport
- but as I understand it, I can't change the address at the same time.
( which I want to do )

Am I missing something here ? Can this sort of thing be achieved in v4 ?

Thanks for any info!

Chris

--
Chris Edwards                   University of Glasgow Computing Service,
C.Edwards@???    Glasgow, Scotland. Phone: +44 141 330 4892.