Re: [Exim] Small change to exiwhat

Autor: Iain Price
A: Matthew Byng-Maddick
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Small change to exiwhat
> Erm, the point isn't that it's a "'contrib style' patch", but a fundamental
> change in the design of Exim. Maybe if you had some idea of the way the
> code and the design works (hint, go read the specification) before shooting
> your (virtual) mouth off, then people wouldn't think so badly of you. As it
> is, you appear to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the software
> development process.

Well, apologies for appearing to have touched your sensitive nerve :)
Maybe this is why i never remain on mailing lists too long eh.

I would simply expect to see at various points calls to
"upload_state(string)" which then can pass on the info in various ways,
or be an empty macro to get it optimised out of the main code.

If this is a faulty idea, then maybe i have missed the point, but i
think inserting a 'debugging style print "i'm here"' line into some code
is something that tends to apply to all languages, and usually without
major restructuring.

Lets try and keep the discussion logical eh, I wasn't having a go at you
or anyone else here, so stop having a go at me. Lets discuss the
possibilities rather than being closed minded and see if anything can
come of the sharing of ideas.

Or have i also missed the point of discussion lists and open software?
[if so, tell me and i'll go away from this list again and leave you in
peace]

Iain