Re: [Exim] Email disclaimer filters

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dave C.
To: Martyn Drake
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Email disclaimer filters
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Martyn Drake wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It has been deemed necessary by the legal bigwigs where I'm based to
> start using outgoing email disclaimers for all of our mail. I'm aware
> of the facilities within Exim to use transports to handle this sort of
> thing, but what I'm not too sure about is writing a good filter to cover
> all scenarios with relation to MIME attachments, etc.

Please first give the site below a good read. I know it's not what you
asked for, but please do read it, and if any of it strikes a chord with
you, consider bringing it to your the attention of your 'legal bigwigs'.

http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/

and

http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/apply.html

A few important points:

Email disclaimers WILL make your company look ridiculous, at the very
least. At worst, they may interfere with the normal processing of mail.