[Exim] Re: Email disclaimer filters (partially not helpful, …

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
To: exim-users
Alte Treads: [Exim] Email disclaimer filters
Betreff: [Exim] Re: Email disclaimer filters (partially not helpful, maybe partially helpful)
--
On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 03:59:38PM +0100, Martyn Drake wrote:
| Hi,

| It has been deemed necessary by the legal bigwigs where I'm based to
| start using outgoing email disclaimers for all of our mail.

Do you have any say as to the format? Could all the "legal bigwigs"
get together and choose a common format? I ask because that would
greatly simplifly my job of scrubbing out that line noise before
delivering the message. (before you ask, it's my own mailbox)

| I'm aware of the facilities within Exim to use transports to handle
| this sort of thing, but what I'm not too sure about is writing a
| good filter to cover all scenarios with relation to MIME
| attachments, etc.

The simplest method is to just tack the text on the end. With
standard plain-text email it will work just fine. With a MIME message
it will end up in the trailer, and no one will see it :-) (which can
be a good thing). Otherwise you need a full-blown MIME parser, and
you'll need to be able to handle adding the noise to both plain text
and HTML content. You'll also have to ensure that your modifier
doesn't muck with PGP/MIME messages or else you'll break the signature
on it. I don't know what you would do about application/ms-tnef
content ("read receipts", but could be other harmful stuff) unless you
want to either disallow transporting such messages or obtain
permission to not add the disclaimer to those messages.

| Does anybody have any good pointers to working filter scripts, etc?
| Regards,

The 'transport_filter' option is the part of exim that you'll need to
know.

The best I can do for you in the way of a filter script is point you
to Mailman. One of the bug/feature items for the next (2.1) release
is properly adding list footers to MIME messages. (the current
release just slaps the plain text on the end of the stream)

-D

--

He who belongs to God hears what God says.  The reason you do not hear
is that you do not belong to God.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/