Re: [Exim] Email Loops

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
To: Terry Shows
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Email Loops
On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 01:23:44PM -0500,
Terry Shows <Terry.Shows@???> is thought to have said:

> Thanks for the responses, the only problem is that the hosts are not located
> in the same location (each is in offices located several hundred miles
> apart), so I have to address each of them with their public address.

There is no reason you can't use something like

route_list = "example.com mail.example.com bydns_a"

> Using the "ignore_target_host" will stop email traffic between the two hosts
> won't it? This too would be unacceptable.

if the backup mx needs to talk to the third mx then yes.

> If anyone has any other ideas, please pass them on. I have just about run
> out of ideas.

You could also change the MX pref to so that both of the backups have the
same preference, but then this may not be ideal for your purposes either if
you really don't want mail to get to the lowest MX unless absolutely
necessary.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality