著者: Nico Erfurth
To: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Small change to exiwhat
Tamas TEVESZ wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, George Schlossnagle wrote:
>
> > this statement. Hint: I would not execute killall on a system you
> > don't want rebooted.
>
> further hints to those who are interested: on (some) other systems,
> the equivalent is called `killall5'. _5_ as in system_V_ :)
>
> that direction doesn't seem to be what i would take..

OkOk, seems like killall is not a generic way ;), maybe the
Local/Makefile, or the OS-hints should include a option how to handle
it, because the current solution isn't that good. As i said in my first
mail, exim is too fast ;)

so, the options are

1.) slow down exim (i think noone wants this) ;))
2.) don't rely on exiwhat
3.) make the killmethod system-dependend
4.) make the killmethod configureable
5.) use some totaly other way
6.) don't change anything in the official distribution, if someone needs
     it, he can change it

ciao