Re: [Exim] different permissions while setting up transport …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Conrad Wood
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] different permissions while setting up transport and writing spool
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Conrad Wood wrote:

> imonholiday:
> driver = localuser
> transport = holiday_transport
> require_files = /home/${local_part}/onholiday.txt
>
> and the transport:
>
> holiday_transport:
>         driver = autoreply
>         text = "Automated message:\
>         Your message has ** NOT ** been delivered to ${local_part}@${domain}, re
> ason is given below:\
>         "
>         file = "/home/${local_part}/onholiday.txt"
>         to = $sender_address
>         user = mail
>  #       user = ${local_part}
>         group = mail

> The problem:
>
> Most home directories are samba exported and masked to 077.
> The file ends up being readable only by the user (which is good like
> this!). But Exim can't read it and defers.
> If I set user=${local_part} (as seen above, commented out)
> It can't read/write the spool dir.

If you don't set user at all, it should use the local user, because
that's what the localuser director does. I don't understand what the
problem is here, because I don't understand your comment "can't
read/write the spool dir". The transport shouldn't be accessing any
spool files.

> So really, I'd like to know if there is an option to do most
> stuff as the local user (including reading the file) but do the
> actual mail-delivery as mail.mail.

Which delivery? It should send the message as the local user if you
don't specify "user". Isn't that what you want? There isn't really any
"delivery" involved here.

I think there's some information missing here. Have you tried running a
test with -d9 set to get some debugging information?