Re: [Exim] Small change to exiwhat

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nico Erfurth
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Small change to exiwhat
Philip Hazel wrote:

>>And pkill isn't available anywhere, ok so forget about this, it's too
>>dangerous.
>
> Hmm. I could build something that required a configuration setting. Then
> the OS-specific files could set killall or pkill for those systems where
> it was known to work. It seems a shame not to use a faster method where
> it is available.

Good idea, it's really bad too see so many "No such PID"-messages on a
high loaded system.
And the ps/egrep/kill solution COULD send signals to the wrong
processes, in strange situations. It's very unlikely, but not
impossible, that another process with the same PID spawns, after the
exim-process exited.

ciao