[Exim] different permissions while setting up transport and …

Autor: Conrad Wood
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] different permissions while setting up transport and writing spool
Hi all,

I use an out-of-the-office reply feature that is implemented like this:
users can save a text file in there homedirectory.
That is picked up by a director:

imonholiday:
driver = localuser
transport = holiday_transport
require_files = /home/${local_part}/onholiday.txt

and the transport:

holiday_transport:
        driver = autoreply
        text = "Automated message:\
        Your message has ** NOT ** been delivered to ${local_part}@${domain}, re
ason is given below:\
        "
        file = "/home/${local_part}/onholiday.txt"
        to = $sender_address
        user = mail
 #       user = ${local_part}
        group = mail

The problem:

Most home directories are samba exported and masked to 077.
The file ends up being readable only by the user (which is good like
this!). But Exim can't read it and defers.
If I set user=${local_part} (as seen above, commented out)
It can't read/write the spool dir.

So really, I'd like to know if there is an option to do most
stuff as the local user (including reading the file) but do the
actual mail-delivery as mail.mail.

Conrad
Please copy to me, I'm not on the list.