[Exim] Install woes...

Autor: Miles Muri
A: Exim-users List
Assumpte: [Exim] Install woes...
Hi,

Firstly, excuse me if this topic has been covered already, but I
couldn't find the answers I was looking for in the list archives.

I am trying to replace Sendmail on a RedHat 7.0 system, but I'm running
into a number of problems:

1) Sendmail uninstall - I know I will have to use the --nodeps flag, but
currently it is claiming deps on mutt and on fetchmail. I know mutt will
not be a problem, but what about fetchmail?

2) I am trying to use the rpms from ftp.exim.org - I have tried both the
4.x and the 3.x rpms - and they both need openssl-0.9.6b. I have
openssl-0.9.6-9 which I believe is the highest I can go on rh7.0. Also,
is libdb-3.2.so a part of openssl or is it from another package?

For right now, I don't want to uninstall Sendmail until I am sure that I
can get Exim up and running to replace it shortly afterwards. Any and
all hints are appreciated.

Thanks,
Miles Muri