Re: [Exim] TLS support

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Iain Price
To: Jeff Green
CC: Alain Remont, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] TLS support
Jeff Green wrote:
> At 12:36 AM 7/5/02 , Alain Remont wrote:

>> I telnet to port 25 and this is what I get.
>>
>> <START>
>> 220 phenomix.com.au ESMTP Exim 3.35 #1 Fri, 05 Jul 2002 17:29:42 +1000
>> EHLO ALAIN
>> 500 Unrecognized command
>> EHLO ALAIN
>> 250-phenomix.com.au Hello support1 [150.203.7.51]
>> 250-SIZE
>> 250-PIPELINING
>> 250-STARTTLS
>> 250 HELP
>> STARTTLS
>> 500 Unsupported command.
>> AUTH STARTTLS
>> 504 STARTTLS mechanism not supported
>> <END>

Yeah, is it compiled badly or something ? Check the Local/ in the build
directory.

STARTTLS *is* the right command, had you done this sequence in a proper
TLS environment, you'd have put exim in to it's "Security error" mode ;)
(see below).

Iain

# telnet 0 25
Trying 0.0.0.0...
Connected to 0 (0.0.0.0).
Escape character is '^]'.
220 fleet.coagulate.net ESMTP Exim. No unauthorised mail drops. Mail
submitted to this server belongs to the owner, if this is unacceptable,
do not deliver your mail here. No disclaimers, or other legal materials
attached to e-mail will be honoured. Continuation of this session
implies your acceptance of these terms. If they are unacceptable,
please disconnect NOW.
STARTTLS
220 TLS go ahead
no