[Exim] (no subject)

Autor: Douglas Gray Stephens
Assumpte: [Exim] (no subject)
From Douglas Gray Stephens <DGrayStephens@???>
To: Rodney Arne Karlsen <exim@???>
Cc: exim-users@???
Subject: Re: [Exim] LDAP and the localuser router

Rodney,

At 09:21 (GMT+0200) on 5-July-2002, Rodney Arne Karlsen wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Thanks for the responses. Below is the local user director I found at
> http://www.bastard.net/~kos/mailrouter/sample-configure Most of the
> file I have been able to "translate" though this one is bugging me.
>
> localuser:
> driver = aliasfile
> transport = bsd_delivery
> search_type = ldap
> query = "ldap:///uid=$local_part,dc=$domain,o=top?uid"
> #user = ${lookup ldap{ldap:///uid=${local_part},dc=${domain},o=top?uidNumber}{$value}fail}
> #group = ${lookup ldap{ldap:///uid=${local_part},dc=${domain},o=top?gidNumber}{$value}fail}
> user = mail
> group = mail
>
> I tryed converting it to
>
> localuser:
> driver = accept
> transport = maildir_delivery
> # search_type = ldap
> data = ${lookup ldap{ldap:///uid=$local_part,dc=$domain,o=top?uid}}
> #user = ${lookup
> ldap{ldap:///uid=${local_part},dc=${domain},o=top?uidNumber}{$value}fail}
> #group = ${lookup
> ldap{ldap:///uid=${local_part},dc=${domain},o=top?gidNumber}{$value}fail}
> user = mail
> group = mail

I'm slightly confused by both examples. You are trying to search LDAP
specifying the distinguished name
uid=${local_part},dc=${domain},o=top
and asking to return the UID. Given with LDAP that the relative
distinguished name must be one of the values, the UID is either known
(when a single valued attributed ast $local_part), or is multivalued,
so you may wish to use extract to get to the correct value (and in
LDAP the order of data in an attribute is not guaranteed, although in
practice it is maintained in the order in which it was saved).

I would run
exim -d+lookup -bt some-local-user@domain
to see what exim was doing for the LDAP lookups.

Also I'm not certain that you are setting the correct search root.
You may want to set a search root, and LDAP filter, e.g.

data = ${lookup ldap{ldap:///o=myorg,c=us?uid?sub?cn=${local_part}}}
could return the UID attribute for the ONE record under a search base
of o=myorg,c=us matching the LDAP filter cn=${local_part}.

Douglas.

--

Douglas GRAY STEPHENS

Phone  +44 1223 325295