To: Jeff Green
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] TLS support
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Green" <jeff@???>
To: "Alain Remont" <aremont@???>; <exim-users@???>
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Exim] TLS support

> At 05:54 PM 7/4/02 , Alain Remont wrote:
> >This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
> >--
> >[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]
> >I use a Debian distro of exim 3.35
> >
> >What is the simplest way to tell whether TLS is built-in please?
>
> Install the exim-tls package instead of exim. It's on the non-US

mirror(s).

Jeff, that is brilliant. This package did not show up on my local mirror,
but I got it off the non-US debian site. Installed it, but SSL does not seem
to work.

I telnet to port 25 and this is what I get.

<START>
220 phenomix.com.au ESMTP Exim 3.35 #1 Fri, 05 Jul 2002 17:29:42 +1000
EHLO ALAIN
500 Unrecognized command
EHLO ALAIN
250-phenomix.com.au Hello support1 [150.203.7.51]
250-SIZE
250-PIPELINING
250-STARTTLS
250 HELP
STARTTLS
500 Unsupported command.
AUTH STARTTLS
504 STARTTLS mechanism not supported
<END>

I use MS Outlook Express as the client and have SSL turned on for both the
outgoing SMPT and incoming IMAP. I cannot connect to the server with the
client. ANy ideas?...

Kind regards,

Alain