Re: [Exim] SPA again

Autor: Dave C.
A: Kurktchiev, Boris
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] SPA again
On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, Kurktchiev, Boris wrote:

> ok i guess i didn't explain what i need. someone said that exim has
> spa as client only and that the author of the code needed it so
> because he didn't want a ms client(i read the mailing list archives
> while looking for a way to configure this thing and use it) well i am
> in the same situation i am running slackware 8.1, exim 4.05 and i am
> stuck with MSN and their SPA enabled smtp server. now exim supports
> SPA right? so how do i configure it so it would actually use it and
> connect to smtp.email.msn.com and send my mail. the problem with being
> stuck with MSN is that they block your access to smtp alltogether and
> allow connections to 25 only to their servers...

1. Have you tried reading section 35 of the exim 4.x spec, which
actually includes a sample configuration specifically for MSN? It doesnt
sound like you did.

2. You could instead perhaps arrange for mail relay service with another
sensible entity on the Internet somewhere that supports RFC 2476
(message submission) on its assigned port 587 (which hopefully MSN isnt
blocking)