Re: [Exim] Received: header not RFC2821 compliant?

Autor: Dave C.
A: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Dean Brooks, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Received: header not RFC2821 compliant?
On 4 Jul 2002, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

[..]

> I'd say spamcop are being overly anal here....

Indeed, they only accept 'properly formatted spam' ??

So all a spammer has to do to prevent getting reported (at least via
spamcop) is make their headers not comply with spamcop's rules?

I remember getting some warning about some spam I submitted (exactly as
received, mind you) that had an HTML Mime-Type, but did not contain
HTML! I'm sorry, thats how the spammer sent it, why should it be a
problem for the person reporting it?

At least it was just a warning, and spamcop still took it, but the
documentation I was referred to suggested they might not accept it in
the future.