Re: [Exim] Mail client

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jody Sanders
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Mail client
On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, Jody Sanders wrote:

> A far more challenging issue facing us is how to block incoming email based
> on lookups from a mysql database on a per-user basis. Eg client1 may decide
> to block spam1@??? but client2 will still want to receive email for
> this. Is this possible? I can easily do the mysql structure and SELECT
> statements I just need to know where to put this in the configure file.

You can do this in the ACL that runs for RCPT commands. What you will
need is a "deny" statement, whose condition uses a "condition" condition
that does the MySQL lookup as part of its expansion. No time to say
more; I have to go home now.

> This message is intended exclusively for the individual(s) to whom it is
> addressed and may contain information that is privileged, or confidential.
> If you are not the addressee, you must not read, use or disclose the
> contents of this e-mail.

<STUPIDITY ALERT>
Oh dear. The message was addressed to exim-users, not me, and I read it
before I saw the disclaimer. I await a call from your lawyers.
</>