[Exim] Re: SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error (E…

Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error (Exim4)
--
On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 02:20:06PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
| On 4 Jul 2002, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

| > > 12:52:38 SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error (next
| > > input sent too soon): rejected "DATA" H= ...
| >
| > Its part of ESMTP pipelining.

| This can happen without pipelining. SMTP is a "lockstep" protocol - the
| client MUST wait for the server response at certain points. Exim 4
| enforces this, to stop spammers who just send out the whole thing in one
| packet and then go away.

It also helps protect against the HTTP form submission vulnerability,
but I think the 5-bad-commands-and-you're-out check will handle that
first.

-D

--

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you
rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/