[Exim] Behaviour I would not expect on callout

Góra strony
Autor: Xander D Harkness
Dla: 'Exim-User'
Temat: [Exim] Behaviour I would not expect on callout
I have call out set on a mail server that handles a small amount of mail
and it works in a method that I would not expect.

I am using the server to relay mail and it is set to do a callout on all
incoming mail.

I have a rewrite rule in a host that sends mail to me.

The rewrite rule is:

root@???     root-wks@???

The server it is trying to relay through does a callout to the adsl line
that wks.harkness.co.uk is connecting from (where all incoming ports are
firewalled), rather than trying to do a callout to the mx record that
would serve harkness.co.uk. It obviously fails and rejects the mail.

Am I missing something or is it designed like this. How would I enable
an mx look up rather than sending host?

Kind regards
Xander