[Exim] Re: how can i whack an "envelope from" header?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: how can i whack an "envelope from" header?
--
On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 05:38:25PM -0700, Matthew Dunham wrote:

| unfortunately, "deliver" chokes if the message it gets on stdin
| contains an envelope from, as in:

| From dunham@??? Wed Jul 03 16:56:24 2002

That's not "envelope from", that's the mbox separator (which some say
should have the envelope sender in it, but implementations vary).

| in case it's something dumb i'm doing in my director or filter file,
| i've included these below.

The problem is your transport. From spec.txt (line 8593) :

prefix                          Type: string*              Default: see below

    The string specified here is expanded and output at the start of every
    message. The default is

      prefix = "From ${if def:return_path{$return_path}{MAILER-DAEMON}}\
        ${tod_bsdinbox}\n"

    This line can be suppressed by setting

      prefix =

    and this is usually necessary when doing batch SMTP deliveries, or
    delivering into individual files or MBX-format mailboxes.

-D

--

Microsoft: "Windows NT 4.0 now has the same user-interface as Windows 95"
    Windows 95: "Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot"

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/