Re: [Exim] Exim4, where has the "bydns_mx" option gone ?

Góra strony
Autor: Dave C.
Dla: Oliver Egginger
CC: Exim Users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Exim4, where has the "bydns_mx" option gone ?
<-- Warning: charset 'X-UNKNOWN' is not supported -->

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Oliver Egginger wrote:

> I wrote:
> >?But our smart host only exists as a MX record.
>
> You wrote:
> > Your smart host doesnt have a host name? It has to anyway, if its the
> > target of an MX record.
>
> Philip Hazel wrote:
> > Then it isn't, strictly speaking, a "smart host". I guess it's a "smart
> > domain".
>
> And thats what it is.

Note that PH had to 'guess' it was a smart domain, becuase there really
isnt any such concept (at least not one that really makes any sense)

An MX record has to point to some host.

For instance, if your 'smarthost MX record" looks like:

blah.com    IN    MX    10 server.foo.com

Then what you really have is a smarthost at server.foo.com - Its silly
to have to lookup the MX every time, when its the host thats providing
the smarthosting for you anyway. Instead of saying 'blah.com bydns_mx',
just use 'server.foo.com byname'