Re: [Exim] [Heads up] W32/Yaha.E p

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
To: Alan J. Flavell
CC: Exim users list
Betreff: Re: [Exim] [Heads up] W32/Yaha.E p
On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 11:16:08AM +0100,
Alan J. Flavell <flavell@???> is thought to have said:

> On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Tabor J. Wells wrote:
>
> > Although since sending your note with the iframe tag in the mail, we've
> > received 13 anti-virus warnings to the list admin address. Since there are
> > apparantly so many crappy email anti-virus products out there, perhaps next
> > time you could just post a link to your favorite AV site writeup instead. :)
>
> Does that mean that the cited filter is "crappy"? I don't think so.
> Doesn't that rather say something about the software which needs to be
> protected from harm by the deployment of such filters?

No my definition of crappy has to do with these products bouncing mail not
because it contained an infected attachment but because it contained an
iframe tag. If Juha had actually sent the virus along to the list then
that'd be one thing. But bouncing mail as a virus because it contains
an HTML tag is silly because there's no actual virus scanning going on there.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality