Re: [Exim] Domain Literals and the exim4 docs

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Marc MERLIN
CC: Matthew Byng-Maddick, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Domain Literals and the exim4 docs
On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> No.
> Please look it up, and you'll see you need to setup an ACL to accept
> unqualified receipients in exim 4.

No, that's not right either.

OK. Let me try to explain again, though I think this is all said
somewhere in the manual.

For SMTP input (which is what we are talking about) Exim by default does
NOT accept addresses that have no domains. It will give the error

501 <address>: recipient address must contain a domain

EXCEPTION: The very special case

RCPT TO:<postmaster>

is always accepted. The address gets qualified with the value of
qualify_domain.

OPTION 1: You can set {sender,recipient}_unqualified_hosts to match a list
of hosts that are allowed to send unqualified senders and recipients. In
that case, they too are qualified with the value of qualify domain.

OPTION 2: You can use "SMTP-time" rewriting to rewrite addresses before
any other processing. This could also be used to qualify them.

All this happens BEFORE the ACL is run. By the time the ACL is run, all
addresses are fully qualified.

General remark: internally, Exim works always with fully qualified
addresses. In the circumstances where it accepts a local part only
(including reading an address from the command line), it qualifies it
with qualify_domain (or qualify_recipient, as necessary) as soon as it
accepts it, and before any other processing.

I hope that is now clear.