Re: [Exim] Domain Literals and the exim4 docs

Top Pagina
Auteur: Marc Haber
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Domain Literals and the exim4 docs
On Tue, 2 Jul 2002 09:19:34 +0100 (BST), Philip Hazel
<ph10@???> wrote:
>I did not know that. I think it is an exceedingly bad idea. A lot of
>sites won't accept such messages. We won't, for example. We don't want
>people sending mail to individual boxes.

IIRC, ORBS sent notifications to postmaster@domain and postmaster@[IP]
while domain is the domain that they used for the relay test - in our
setup most probably being received by the client, not by us.

Also, some colleagues like to use localpart@[IP] for debugging
purposes.

Greetings
Marc