Re: [Exim] log_selector options that may help accounting

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Haber
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] log_selector options that may help accounting
On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 17:00:12 +0100 (BST), Philip Hazel
<ph10@???> wrote:
>On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Marc Haber wrote:
>> Would it be possible to have a "sending_host_on_delivery" option that
>> logs the IP of the sending host in the => line?
>
>Noted. Should be straightforward.

Good. I'll have development efforts of the log-parsing script halted
until sending_host_on_delivery is available. This will reduce the size
of that script at least one order of magnitude.

>> Ideally, one would have the amount of data transmitted on a
>> non-successful delivery attempt in the log line so that unsuccessful
>> delivery attempt could be accounted as well.
>
>That might be harder. Also, all Exim knows is the data that it has
>output using write(). It doesn't know how much has actually gone down
>the wires.

The difference would be because of buffering? How large are these
buffers usually?

Greetings
Marc