[Exim] Re: Read a file containing regexp values in an Exim F…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Read a file containing regexp values in an Exim Filter?
--
On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 10:22:11PM -0400, Scott M. Nolde wrote:
| Richard, WhidbeyNet NOC(richs@???)@2002.07.02 16:28:53 +0000:

| > I discovered Exim has a built-in filtering mechanism, and after looking
| > through the Exim 4 Filtering FAQ, believe it can do everything we need
| > it to. We'd like to do user-level filtering, for customers who have
| > chosen to have their mail filtered.

The exim filter language is, while useful, rather simple and certainly
not general purpose or Turing complete.

| I think you'd do well using spamassassin, since it will do body and header
| checks against the email. Each "hit" is assigned a point value and if the
| total hit points exceed a threshold, the email is flagged as spam.

| After the email is flagged as spam either the MTA or MUA can do with it as
| you like. I use it and it works wonders for preventing spam in my inbox.

I, too, think that SA is just what you're looking for. You can also
add your own custom rules to SA's ruleset and score any rule how you
wish.

With 'sa-exim' (http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html) you can do
the scanning at SMTP time and not have to worry about bounces (though
that does make it impossible to handle per-user preferences). Another
way of setting up SA is shown in
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/config_docs/exim4_spamassasin.html. That
method generates a higher system load, however. I also have a few
sanity type ACL conditions shown at
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/software/exim/.

Another possibility to note is using the ${run } expansion to run an
external process (eg a script that would handle your array of regexes)
and use the output of it or its exit code to determine what to do
next.

HTH,
-D

--