Re: [Exim] Any identify this MTA?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Andy Spiers
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Any identify this MTA?
On Tuesday 02 July 2002 09:25 am, Jan Johansson wrote:
> > Does anyone know which MTA prints out a bunch of asterisks and junk
> > as its initial greeting? e.g.:
> >
> > 220 ***************2**********************2*0*0 ***
>
> Any MTA sitting behind a Cisco PIX with "Fix broken SMTP" (or some such)
> turned on.

Yep. Using this PIX config directive:
fixup protocol smtp 25
the PIX firewall proxies all SMTP exchanges that pass through it, limiting
certain commands, hiding the identities of the mail servers and only
permitting basic SMTP (EHLO rejected, at least on our old-ish PIX OS)

Andy
--
Andy Spiers - internet developer, consultant and sysadmin
email: andy@??? - mobile: +34 686 050 318 - icq: 72170012