Re: Re[2]: [Exim] bounce from [0.0.0.0]

Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Richard Welty
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: Re[2]: [Exim] bounce from [0.0.0.0]
On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 10:50:52AM -0400,
Richard Welty <rwelty@???> is thought to have said:

> On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:35:14 -0400 "Tabor J. Wells" <twells@???> wrote:
>
> > 0.0.0.0 is equivalent to localhost on most (all?) systems.
>
> ummmmm.
>
> not quite. 0.0.0.0/32 is the ancestral broadcast address,

I'm aware of that. I was referring to how it behaved w/r/t his mail delivery
problem.

> the use of which
> is deprecated. many older stacks still respond to it, though.

Older? Seems to be alive and well in modern day Linux and Solaris at least.
We had this discussion earlier this year on exim-users and IIRC quite a few
people responded that this was the behavior under the OSes they used.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality