[Exim] merging key and value lookup w/ lsearch

Author: Rejo Zenger
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] merging key and value lookup w/ lsearch
Hi,

I have two files: #1 containing only addresses, one on a line and #2
containing addresses and an error message. The files are used to block
email from certain senders with the ACL:

  # Deny mail from certain senders.
  deny     senders      = lsearch;/etc/exim/sender_reject
           message      = ${lookup{$sender_address}lsearch\
                                {/etc/exim/sender_reject.message}\
                                {$value}\
                                {Administrative [...]))
           log_message  = rejection based on /etc/exim/sender_reject

Now, is there a way to combine these two files? So that there's only one
file containing addresses and reason (like #2).

On a related note, how do I get newlines in the error message? In
version 3 I was used to the vertical bar "|", but that doesn't seem to
work anymore.

TIA,

        -Rejo.

--