Re: [Exim] How to stop reverse DNS lookup?

Author: Chris Douglas
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How to stop reverse DNS lookup?
Should have stated I am using Exim 3.35. I am using vmail-sql and it does
not support Exim 4 yet.

My host_accept_relay list is all IP's, no names.

Thanks
Chris

> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Chris Douglas wrote:
>
> > I have host_lookup commented out. The client IP address is in my

host_accept_relay list, but it still tries to find the host name.
> > The only workaround I have found so far is to put a bogus entry in my

/etc/hosts file for the clients IP address.

> > How can I stop Exim from trying to find the host name for a given IP

address? I've searched throught the manuals and FAQ and could not find this
particular problem.