Re: [Exim] Re: header_syntax error message

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: header_syntax error message
On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

> What are the code changes needed to create a new variable in this
> situation?  I'd like to see the next release of exim include the
> logged message in a variable such as $log_message so that users
> like myself can simply put
>     mesage = $log_message
> on the ACL rather than patching exim.

You are assuming that log_message gets expanded before message. Maybe
there are users who might want to put

log_message = $message

In other words, there is scope for confusion here.

What I already have on the wish list is a request for a variable that
contains the original failure text from an address verification.