Re: [Exim] Local_scan errors, help requested.

Top Pagina
Auteur: Tom Kistner
Aan: Jeffrey Wheat
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Local_scan errors, help requested.
On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 02:49:39PM -0400, Jeffrey Wheat (jeff@???) wrote:

> I am seeing the following in my logs after installing the
> exiscan patches to Exim 4.04 and using with sophie:

> 2002-06-26 00:25:17 17N4Hx-000FLB-00 local_scan() function timed out - message t
> emporarily rejected

Looks like sophie has a problem and hangs for some reason. It must
be running, else the connect to the unix socket would have failed.

Let me just quote from my README:

# Sophie opens a unix socket in your file system. The default is
# /var/run/sophie. Uncomment and, if necessary, change the option below.
# Please make sure that exim can access that socket (permissions!).
# Also make sure that the user that Sophie runs with (./configure
# option !!) is allowed to read the exim queue directory.
# Sophie drops privileges, so while it may show up as running as root
# in 'ps', it may have set its effective UID to another user !
# Ideally, exims and sophies effective user settings should be the same.

Does all that apply to your system ? :)

regards,

/tom

--