Re: [Exim] host_address and smtp

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Pete Naylor
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] host_address and smtp
On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Pete Naylor wrote:

> I have a need to strip or not strip certain headers, depending on the IP
> address of the host which I'm transferring the message to via an SMTP
> transport. headers_remove is expanded, which is great, but unfortunately
> $host_address is not defined for remote transports.

Well, it should be. Please give more details of the configuration that
is failing.

Oh, wait. As you were. It's a timing problem. The headers_add and
headers_remove options are expanded at the start of the transport,
before it starts connecting to different hosts. So yes, at that time
$host_address won't be set.

The only way to do what you want is to use a transport filter. That's
expensive in resource terms.