Re: [Exim] redirect router READ alias file as particular use…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: David Monk
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] redirect router READ alias file as particular user
On Wednesday 26 June 2002 9:31 am, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, David Monk wrote:
> > > Are you using Exim 3? Exim 3 runs as "exim" while routing/directing.
> > > This has caused a number of problems of this kind.
> >
> > We are running Exim 4.05 now for this project. Exim has no problem
> > whatsoever reading the alias files and delivering mail when invoked
> > locally. The only problem was receiving the message from the Internet.
>
> Aha! That's the same problem. Exim runs as "exim" while receiving
> incoming messages. Thus, any file that is required by a router for
> verification must be readable by "exim". You can use "no_verify" to cut
> out certain routers while verifying, if this is helpful. (The default
> config does this for user forward files, which may not always be
> world readable.)

Yes, we originally thought about the no_verify option. This will not really
work for our situation as there really are no local users and we want a
proper user unknown when mail is for an unknown user. We could turn off
verify = recipient in the smtp access list, but then unknown users become
unroutable address.

This new solution is acceptable to all on our project team, so again thanks.

--
David Monk
david@???