Re: [Exim] Adding To: headers in Exim4

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tim Dodge
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Adding To: headers in Exim4
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Tim Dodge wrote:

> However, leafnode won't insert the To: header in the post.
>
> This wasn't a problem with Exim3, it would create a To: header with the
> correct address, and everything worked well.
>
> Exim4 doesn't seem to do this, and I can't find an option to turn this on...

Exim 4 doesn't do it because RFC2822 doesn't require messages to contain
To: headers any more. It was always a toss-up as to whether adding such
a header was really sensible.

You can use the headers_add option in a router or transport, conditional
on ${if ${def:h_to:}. This might be difficult if there is more than one
recipient. For that, you'll need to use a system filter and use its
"headers add" command", using the same condition.