Re: [Exim] redirect router READ alias file as particular use…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: David Monk
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] redirect router READ alias file as particular user
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, David Monk wrote:

> > Are you using Exim 3? Exim 3 runs as "exim" while routing/directing.
> > This has caused a number of problems of this kind.
>
> We are running Exim 4.05 now for this project. Exim has no problem whatsoever
> reading the alias files and delivering mail when invoked locally. The only
> problem was receiving the message from the Internet.

Aha! That's the same problem. Exim runs as "exim" while receiving
incoming messages. Thus, any file that is required by a router for
verification must be readable by "exim". You can use "no_verify" to cut
out certain routers while verifying, if this is helpful. (The default
config does this for user forward files, which may not always be
world readable.)

> Thank you to all who replied. Exim is the most flexible MTA I have had the
> pleasure to work with.

Thank you.