[Exim] Line Lengths

Inizio della pagina
Autore: EXIM Users
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Oggetto: [Exim] Line Lengths
Is there a way of getting exim to reject emails which have lines that are
longer than 998 characters (excluding the terminating CRLF) which is what
the RFCs seem to suggest is the maximum permissible length.

There are a number of sites out there, notably hotmail, which generate TO:
header fields with all the data on one line rather than splitting the header
over multiple lines, which is causing problems with our mailsweepers
recognising them all as corrupt emails. I would like to move to a position
where our external servers, running exim, reject the email and let hotmail
deal with it rather than having it all clog up on the mailsweepers.

cheers

Mike Weavind
Internet Services for Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein