[Exim] Preventing forged From: headers (exim 3.36)

Autor: Robert Lister
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Preventing forged From: headers (exim 3.36)
Hi,

I am getting a lot of spam recently that is making it to my mailing lists,
because the From: header is forged as coming from my domain, which is on
the mailing list's allowed whitelist of domains to accept mail to send to.

I have to have domain whitelists because many of the entries on the
mailing list are local exploders for each site, so for this list I can't
have specific entries, but people need to be able to post to the list from
a specific domain even though they are not subscribed to the list.

Problem is when a spam comes in: