[Exim] Re: Exim and Exchange

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Exim and Exchange
--
On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 06:48:52PM -0400, JAC Software wrote:

| > Is there any way of turning off pipelining support on exchange and
| > then seeing how things go?

|      Apparently it can be done by disabling Exchange event sinks, but
| the MS knowledge base warns against disabling event sinks as it can
| hinder Exchange performance.  I'll try it and see what effect it has.

I don't know what "event sinks" are, but pipelining was invented for
more performance (at the cost of higher complexity). The performance
gain comes from shoving more data down the wire without sitting around
waiting for a response. If all the responses come back successful,
then you've gotten the data across faster. Unless, of course, the
implementation is broken. Disabling pipelining means you have a
"send-and-wait" protocol. The performance difference all depends on
the latency in the network.

Earlier I tried testing a hypothesis, and got this back :

    Reporting-MTA: dns;mgrsr02.mgr.com.au
    Received-From-MTA: dns;dman.ddts.net
    Arrival-Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:58:58 +1000

    Final-Recipient: rfc822;postmaster@???
    Action: failed

It looks like you need to fix your postmaster address.

-D

--

If your life is a hard drive,
Christ can be your backup.