[Exim] Dynamic interface selection (v 3.35)

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Davin Overland
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Dynamic interface selection (v 3.35)
I asked this question before, but wasn't sure what I was asking so the
question came out strange. I got an answer from Greg Ward that got
me far enough to know what to ask and take a few feeble kicks at the
problem (Thanks Greg).

What I need to do is find a way to choose which interface exim uses
to send an email message at send-time. The decision would be
based on a file that explicitly lists which usernames go through which
interfaces. The existing system just chooses the default IP for the
machine, which is not the best solution considering that most of our
servers will have 128 (ish) IP addresses on them. I tried making a little
extract/lsearch lookup line in the "Interfaces" line for my remote_smtp
transport. That experiment failed miserably (probably not a shock to
most of you). I tried setting the "interface" setting in a router
configuration
and that didn't work either because exim got grumpy that I used
"interface" inthe router config. I can set the interface staticly, that
part
works fine but I need dynamic setting. Help! I'm really not a wizard at
this sort of thing.

If emailing me off-list is better, feel free to do that. I bought Philip
Hazel's authoritative EXIM book so if I'm just being obtuse please point
me at a chapter and say READ.

TIA,
Davin Overland