RE: [Exim] Still having problems with incoming mail being fr…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Cory Daehn
To: 'Rice, MA Mark \(6750\)'
CC: exim-users
Betreff: RE: [Exim] Still having problems with incoming mail being frozen....
msec is a mandrake thing. go to your /var/log directory and type grep
"/usr/sbin/exim" *|less and see where it's checking the flags. Most
likely that's what's causing the problem.

of course, that assumes exim is in /usr/sbin ;-)

The only other solution I could find was creating this script and
inserting it into a crontab to run hourly:

#/bin/bash
#
# Checks the rights on exim and replaces them if SGID or SUID are
removed and runs
# a forced queue run if the rights were changed to remove the frozen
messages.
#
if [ ! -u /usr/sbin/exim ] ; then
/bin/chmod -f 6755 /usr/sbin/exim
exim -qff
elif [ ! -g /usr/sbin/exim ]; then
/bin/chmod -f 6755 /usr/sbin/exim
exim -qff
fi

exit 0
# --eof--

My only question is, how often should we run tidydb and should we add
the -f flag to it or not? If not, when do we add the -f flag?