Re: [Exim] redirect router READ alias file as particular use…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: David Monk
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] redirect router READ alias file as particular user
On Monday 24 June 2002 3:09 am, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, David Monk wrote:
> > I see Exim has an option to write to a file as a particular user, but I
> > need Exim to be able to lsearch this file as a specified user in order to
> > verify those aliased addresses.
>
> Exim 4 runs as root while routing, so it should be able to read any
> file. There is no facility for getting it to run as another user at this
> stage. (You can get it to run the system filter as another user, but I
> don't think this is relevant.)
>
> > Changing the directory permissions is not the preferred fix. But, I have
> > tested this by setting those permissions like:
> > drwxr-x---    2 madison  users        4096 Jun 21 15:15 madison

> > Exim was still unable to search the file.
>
> Are you using Exim 3? Exim 3 runs as "exim" while routing/directing.
> This has caused a number of problems of this kind.

We are running Exim 4.05 now for this project. Exim has no problem whatsoever
reading the alias files and delivering mail when invoked locally. The only
problem was receiving the message from the Internet.
I was fairly certain when I sent my original message that what we were wanting
was not really possible with the current implementation. Since we want the
system to be able to properly reject unknown users but additionally want to
protect each sites' home dirs, I had already begun working on other
solutions. What we decided to do was make the group of each sites' home
directory, the exim group. The site users are not members of this group, so
the home dirs are effectively not shared.
Perhaps a possible future version may use the user router directive with the
redirector router similar to the way check_local_user uses it for .forward
files. For now, this solves our problem and pushes this project forward.
Thank you to all who replied. Exim is the most flexible MTA I have had the
pleasure to work with.

--
David Monk
david@???