Re: [Exim] How to force SMTP AUTH for certain return-path ?

Author: Leonardo Boselli
To: Alan J. Flavell, Dave C.
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] How to force SMTP AUTH for certain return-path ?
On 24 Jun 2002, at 10:23, Dave C. wrote:
> > A nontrivial proportion of the spam that gets past the other
> > defences does indeed utilise the trick of counterfeiting a local
> > user as the envelope sender.
> Really? That is unusual. I get tons of spam, and very little of it has
> an address in my domain as the sender.

Four dais ago i received a complaint for a reception of a "virus
delivery notice" .
It turned that someone send a virus to an user in my domain using
a forged return address, and the filter sent a "discard notice" to that
user.
The "original message [virus]" was sent FROM A MACHINE IN MY
DOMAIN (that btw forged the helo address, but not the IP) USING
AN OPEN RELAY IN ANOTHER DOMAIN !!!!!!!

Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile