Re: [Exim] Unroutable address on fresh install?

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: James Harr
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Unroutable address on fresh install?
On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, James Harr wrote:

> Slackware 8.1 fresh install. Compilation w/o a hitch.
> Exim Version 4.05
>
> I edited the config file (attached). Started Exim. Sent a message. Here's
> what the log shows:
>

> 2002-06-23 17:03:44 17MFSJ-0007qN-00 <= root@??? U=root
> P=local S=330
> 2002-06-23 17:03:44 17MFSJ-0007qN-00 ** jharr@???: Unrouteable
> address

Run

exim -d -bt jharr@???

You will get a lot of output on stderr. It will show you how Exim routed
that address. It should be possible to deduce why it didn't manage to
root it.

> I'm new to exim, but I was wandering if there was anything like a quick and
> dirty HOWTO (life with qmail in a way).

How to what? The bog-standard things you might want to do are done by
the default runtime config. I suggest you try a test with an unmodified
version first...