Re: [Exim] redirect router READ alias file as particular use…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: David Monk
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] redirect router READ alias file as particular user
On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, David Monk wrote:

> I see Exim has an option to write to a file as a particular user, but I need
> Exim to be able to lsearch this file as a specified user in order to verify
> those aliased addresses.

Exim 4 runs as root while routing, so it should be able to read any
file. There is no facility for getting it to run as another user at this
stage. (You can get it to run the system filter as another user, but I
don't think this is relevant.)

> Changing the directory permissions is not the preferred fix. But, I have
> tested this by setting those permissions like:
> drwxr-x---    2 madison  users        4096 Jun 21 15:15 madison

> Exim was still unable to search the file.

Are you using Exim 3? Exim 3 runs as "exim" while routing/directing.
This has caused a number of problems of this kind.