Re: [Exim] Reject local users easily

Author: Peter N Lewis
To: Pedro Bados, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Reject local users easily
At 3:30 +0200 24/6/02, Pedro Bados wrote:

>How can I reject the mail to specific local users? I need some parameter such
>as sender_reject but for recipients instead of senders. recipient_reject does
>not exist. Why? Can I do it in the SMTP connection with MAIL TO or must I
>reject it later with some director/transport in the message processing?
>
>I suppose the question is really easy but I have not found an easy way to do
>it.

In the acl_smtp_rcpt ACL, I currently have:

   deny    domains       = +local_domains
           local_parts   = ^.*[.]
           message       = No dots allowed in any usernames on this system

which rejects any email addressed to a local address that contains
any dots. So just do a similar thing for the users in question:

   deny    domains       = +local_domains
           local_parts   = fred:jim:bill
           message       = Users kicked off my system

Should work easily enough.

Enjoy,
    Peter.

--