Re: [Exim] exim 3.35 crashes with sig11

Author: Mark Baker
To: Joerg Sommer
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim 3.35 crashes with sig11
On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 12:26:12PM +0000, Joerg Sommer wrote:

> > Linux crashing with a SIG 11 can be an indication of dodgy hardware.
> >
> > Use Google and search on: linux sig 11
>
> This case I can exclude, I hope. I ran memory tests and other programs
> haven't any problems

It's unlikely that there would be memory problems that memtest86 doesn't
pick up, but not completely impossible.

> and ltrace shows the sig11 always at the same point.

That's not unlikely if it's memory problems, actually. If it's a few
particular locations in memory that are faulty, then what you often find is
that it always accesses those memory locations at the same point in the
program.